Charlotte Legal Malpractice Attorney- Representing Both Legal Professionals and The Public
The Common Goal: Upholding the Integrity and Quality of the Practice of Law in North Carolina
An attorney undergoes a rigorous application process, background checks and examination to obtain a license to practice law in North Carolina. The intense scrutiny from the North Carolina State Bar is intended to maintain the integrity and quality of legal practice in the state. Attorneys swear to support the Constitution, abide by the rules of professional conduct and take no action prejudicial to the administration of justice. As a well-regarded presenter of Continuing Legal Education programs throughout the United States and abroad, through ReelTime CLE, I have demonstrated an unwavering and unparalleled commitment to the principled, ethical practice of law. I expect the same steadfast dedication to professional, competent legal practice from my colleagues at the bar, as well. And yet, mistakes, miscommunication, and relational disconnects sometimes happen (or are perceived ot have happened). Based on my many years of experience teaching attorneys and law students how to conduct themselves ethically and professionally (and to be mindful of the stresses, pressures, and life circumstances that may sometimes hinder their ability to do so), I am uniquely equipped to represent both attorneys and clients who are the unfortunate victims of attorney misconduct in all matters related to the ethical and competent practice of law.
Defending North Carolina attorneys against claims of malpractice and North Carolina State Bar grievances alleging RPC violations or unethical conduct
If you are an attorney who finds yourself accused of legal malpractice, negligence in providing legal services, or violation of your ethical obligations, I’ll provide you with compassionate and sophisticated representation at any level or in any context necessary-be it before the North Carolina State Bar, or in defense of a lawsuit. I will apply every bit of my extensive background as a statewide ethics speaker, and my substantial knowledge of the North Carolina State Bar grievance process to:
- Negotiate amicable resolutions of claims or grievances
- Defend you at NCSB grievance hearings
- Represent you in lawsuits and judicial hearings
- Assist with licensure-related issues, including disciplinary actions and applications for reinstatement of a law license after suspension
If a current or former client is accusing you of malpractice, I would be honored to represent you in litigation, negotiations, or any dealings with the North Carolina State Bar. And I would be committed to representing your interests with a sense of empathy, compassion, and understanding cultivated through years of hearing attorneys’ stories, and assisting them to make practical, meaningful changes to the way they live and practice.
Protecting a client’s rights to effective, ethical representation
Because I care deeply about the honor and integrity of the legal profession, I am also available to assist individuals, families, and businesses to determine whether they may have been harmed financially or otherwise by the negligent or unethical conduct of lawyers to whom they have entrusted their legal matters, and to pursue available avenues of relief or address, where appropriate.
An attorney has certain specific obligations to his or her client. A client should be able to expect an attorney to:
- Practice in accordance with the North Carolina State Bar Rules of Professional Conduct
- Participate in court proceedings and the judicial system with respect and honesty
- Act in the client’s best interest
- Provide detailed explanations of expenses, fees, and developments in the progress of the matter
- Uphold certain fiduciary and accounting obligations
- Maintain confidential communications
- Abide by contractual agreements
When an attorney fails to fulfill these obligations, the client’s case or rights may be negatively impacted. And more importantly, the honor and integrity of the legal profession takes a hit. In a very select number of appropriate cases, Osborn Conflict Resolution will represent clients with the investigation and pursuit of significant, meritorious claims for legal malpractice.
Pursing aggrieved clients’ legal remedies
If you believe you have suffered actual harm from an attorney’s neglect of his or her professional duties, I am available to review your case and help you pursue all available means of obtaining relief, which could include:
- Assisting you to obtain alternative competent representation to complete or correct your legal matters
- Communicating and negotiating with your attorney to rectify the problem
- Mediating with your attorney to reach an equitable agreement
- Filing a grievance with the North Carolina State Bar regarding specific instances of unethical conduct
- Lodging a claim with the attorney’s professional malpractice insurance carrier; or
- In some instances, where the law, facts, and circumstances warrant, suing the attorney for legal malpractice
Contact a North Carolina attorney focused on upholding the ethics of our profession
Osborn Conflict Resolution is located in Charlotte and represents clients throughout North Carolina. Call us at 704-579-5524 or contact Osborn Conflict Resolution online to schedule an initial consultation, during the course of which I will evaluate your case and determine whether there is a viable basis for pursuing a claim or seeking other relief or redress.